H O M E W E B S I T E E M A I L

Monday 27 August 2012

Storage Solutions 1

I'm sure you also spend your life thinking of ways to accommodate the growing collection of art materials.
I've copied this excellent one from a printer friend. he had a huge shelf built along the top of the wall in his studio filled with solid cardboard rolls to store rolls of paper etc.


You get these rolls at carpeting shops and either have to trek home with them tied to the roof rack or saw them up there. Dave sawed all of these to the length of the shelf depth and I filled a shelf with them.

Yeah, I know, we don't all have shelves to devote to cardboard rolls! My other solution was to put a hook behind the door or at the side of a clothes cupboard and hang a paperchase-bag up. You can also make a long narrow bag out of calico with a hook on it.


Keep the ideas rolling...

Forthcoming attractions: I'm working on a new format and design for my blog and the address will also change slightly but significantly. I'll let you know when, but here's the address: www.limetreesstudio.com



1 comment:

  1. One of my readers told me that she has a square fabric laundry bag filled with heavy cardboard rolls to store rolls of paper etc.

    ReplyDelete